Being a first time homebuyer in Boston or elsewhere in Massachusetts is exciting. But it may involve a lot of questions, especially when it comes to choosing a mortgage.
Trying to find those answers on your own can be a challenge. But with a local independent Boston mortgage broker on your side, you won’t be alone.
Style Mortgage has been helping first time homebuyers in Massachusetts to move into their dream homes for more than two decades.
We are here to walk you through the mortgage process step-by-step, answering your questions and connecting you with solutions.
What Type Of Loan Can You Use to Buy
Your First Home?
We can help you buy your first home with any of these types of mortgages:
A conventional mortgage simply is one that is not insured by a government agency like the VA or FHA. Borrowers in Massachusetts looking to purchase a home with a conventional loan are generally in the market for a conforming mortgage. That is one that falls within the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loan limits. The down payment for a conventional mortgage can be as low as 3%.
First time homebuyers in Massachusetts often turn to the convenience and flexibility of FHA mortgages guaranteed by the Federal Housing Administration. Down payments as low as 3.5%, affordable rates, and easy credit qualifications are among the features that make FHA mortgages popular for borrowers shopping for their first homes.
Current and retired members of the military shopping for their first homes will want to check if they are eligible for the VA loan program. With a mortgage guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs, you can buy a home in Massachusetts with zero down, affordable interest rates, and no requirement for mortgage insurance period
Sometimes, the cost to purchase your first home might exceed the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loan limits for conforming mortgages. But first time homebuyers can purchase Massachusetts properties with jumbo loans that exceed those loan limits.
Why Choose Us as Your First Mortgage Broker in Boston?
Here are some reasons to work with Style Mortgage on your first home loan:
- We have spent more than 20 years working with customers in Massachusetts. We are experts in the local real estate market and in overcoming obstacles faced by first time homebuyers. By putting our wealth of knowledge and experience to work for you, you can save time, money and effort choosing a mortgage.
- We have a large network of lenders. Through this network, we can connect you with many different offers, helping you find competitive rates that you might miss if you were conducting your search by yourself.
- We can help you work through challenges with your credit. Many borrowers come to us without perfect credit scores who are looking to purchase a home in the near future. If that describes you, we can help you find ways to raise your score quickly and offer you personalized advice for maintaining your score throughout the home buying process.
- The mortgage process is simple and straightforward when you choose Style Mortgage as your mortgage broker in Boston. This is an important time in your life, and we want it to be as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
- You will have a fast, reliable team on your side. We know there may be times when you need a rapid response, whether it is a fast pre-approval letter or a quick answer to a question. We have no problem working on weekends; our team will be here for you 7 days a week to make sure you can close on time.
Buy Your First Home in Massachusetts Now
Are you ready to get the keys to your new home in Massachusetts? Our friendly and knowledgeable loan experts are standing by. To schedule your consultation now, please give us a call today at (508) 223-5206. Thank you for choosing Style Mortgage for your first mortgage!